- United States insisted that Cuba add its constitution, known as the Platt Amendment
b. What did the Roosevelt Corollary build on?
- Roosevelt Corollary built on the Monroe Doctrine.
c. Pancho Villa was pursued by whom?
- John J. Pershing and about 15,000 soldiers.
d. How did the U.S. get the land for the Panama Canal?
- Panama got it's independence from Colombia and the U.S and panama signed a treaty. The U.S paid 10 million to Panama and then an annual rent of $250,000.
e. What is meant by “speak softly and carry a big stick"?
- All U.S negotiations will be backed up by military.