Friday, December 21, 2012
The new American Immigrant
1. Which was NOT a reason why native-born Americans encouraged Americanization?
A. Native-born Americans wanted to assimilate people from other cultures into the dominant culture
*B. Native-born Americans wanted the immigrants to practice their customs
C. Native-born Americans wanted to teach new immigrants skills needed for citizenship
D. Native-born Americans wanted to teach new immigrants cooking skills
2. What were cities most like for the new immigrants coming to America?
A. Clean and welcoming
B. Healthy, with clean water
*C. Immigrants would most likely have had to dodge horse manure
D. Plenty of single-family homes
3. What would best describe the cities to a new immigrant?
*A. Pickpockets and thieves were plenty
B. Plenty of police harassing new immigrants
C. All the clean water was dedicated to fighting fires
D. Running water and plumbing worked 60% of the time
4. Why did immigrants move to the cities in the first place?
A. Plenty of work in the factories
B. Cheap housing
C. Plenty of room in tenements
*D. A & B only
5. People moved from the farms to the cities because ?
A. Less segregation and discrimination in the cities
*B. Farming technology improved
C. Wood plows were being made in the cities
D. None of the above
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
Share to Pinterest
Post a Comment
Post Comments (Atom)